Today marks exactly one year since Don’t Ever Look Back first made it onto the Internet with a post explaining why the two of us were choosing long-term travel.
Despite a few doubts in the lead-up to our trip, we stuck with our decision and let us tell you this.
It has been the best decision we’ve ever made!
If you’re contemplating doing something similar to what we’re doing, go and read our post 7 reasons why you should take that round-the-world trip and travel now! Sure we’ve made some mistakes along the journey (and you will too!) and we’ve exceeded our travel budget, but the two of us have absolutely no regrets and are looking forward to what the next 12 months has to bring.
Where are we now?
After 12 weeks in the USA, tomorrow is our last full day in the country and in New York City, our home for the past 16 nights. We’ve spent time in 9 different American states and have shared with you stories from Hawaii, Seattle and our California Road Trip.
We’ve thoroughly enjoyed our time in the United States and have many more stories to share with you over the next couple of weeks, including an article about the highlight of our trip so far. But the time has come to move onto the next part of our journey…
In two days we fly out of Newark Airport and into Reykjavik, Iceland for a 9-night adventure. Thanks to the awesome coordination skills of Súsanna from ICELANDisHOT, we have some magical tours of Iceland to look forward to.
Some of our Icelandic highlights will include:
- A whale watching tour on Faxaflói Bay.
- Relaxing in The Blue Lagoon geothermal spa.
- Super Jeep tours to the West and South Iceland.
We’re also hoping to see The Northern Lights during our time there!
After Iceland it’s off to the United Kingdom (including London for World Travel Market) before most likely flying over to Amsterdam and working our way south through Europe from there. Exciting, huh?
The best part of writing on Don’t Ever Look Back is the people we come in contact with because of it! If you’ve read any of our posts, if you’ve liked us on Facebook or are following us on Twitter or if you left a comment or sent us an email – THANK YOU!
Thank you so much! If it wasn’t for all of that we probably wouldn’t still be doing this. We’ve also met some incredible people over the past 80-something days which has led to some fantastic adventures:
- We watched some awful (yet hilarious!) karaoke with Brooke and Caroline in Sydney.
- We’ve enjoyed margaritas on Hollywood Boulevard and explored Beverly Hills with Sheryll and her boyfriend Jonny.
- Amy experienced the worst hangover of her life in Las Vegas courtesy of Kieu of GQ trippin (but also the best night out we’ve had so far on our adventure!).
- Scott showed us the best of St. Louis and introduced us to the awesomeness of Gooey Butter Cake, Missouri Wine and the St. Louis Blues.
- The two of us and The Globetrotter Girls enjoyed the best deep dish pizza in Chicago at Giordano’s.
So here’s to the first twelve months of Don’t Ever Look Back and an exciting year ahead!
Flickr Photo: Stephen_AU